Government-Assisted Loan Programs
Business Banking – SBA Loans
Capitol National Bank, through its Government Guaranteed Lending Division, is an
approved lender with the U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have the
expertise and ability to expedite your SBA loan request. We participate in various
SBA loan programs designed to suit your short term and long term borrowing needs.
SBA loans offer a number of potential advantages including, lower down payment requirements
and the ability to spread financing over a longer period of time. SBA interest rates
are market driven with rate maximums published by the SBA.
SBA financing may be right for you if:
- You are starting or buying a new business;
- You have been in business only a short time;
- You are short on collateral;
- You need to refinance existing debt to improve cash flow;
- You need additional working capital to finance rapid growth;
- You only have 10% to 15% available to put down on the purchase of a business; or
- You are unable to obtain financing with reasonable terms through conventional methods.
The SBA 7(a) Loan Guaranty Program is one of SBA’s primary lending
programs. It provides loans to small businesses unable to secure financing on reasonable
terms through normal lending channels. Eligible for-profit businesses must have
reasonable owner equity to invest, be engaged in business in the United States and
each owner with a 20% or greater stake in the business must be willing to make a
The SBA 504 Loan Program provides growing businesses with long-term
financing for purchases of fixed assets, such as buildings and heavy equipment.
Eligible businesses include small and medium-sized companies where the financing
will help them create and retain jobs for the local community. Eligible for-profit
business entities must have net worth of less than $15 million, net income of $5
million or less, commercial property must be owner occupied and each owner with
a 20% or more stake in the company must make a personal guarantee;
The Working Capital CAPLine Program is designed to help small businesses meet short-term
and cyclical working capital needs. The program provides a revolving line of credit
that can be used for business working capital needs such as accounts payable,
inventory, and payroll financing.
The purpose of the USDA Business and Industry Loan Guaranty Program is to improve,
develop, or finance business, industry and employment, and improve the economic
and environmental climate in rural communities. Loan amounts up to $25,000,000 are
available for eligible borrowers who reside in a rural community with less than
50,000 people and have 20% tangible net worth for new business start ups or 10%
tangible net worth for existing businesses.
To apply for a business loan with Capitol National Bank, please submit the following
- Fiscal-year-end financial statements and Federal tax returns for the last three
- Year-to-date interim financial statements
- Owners / Partners personal tax returns for the last three years, including all schedules
- Owners / Partners current personal financial statements
- Business plan, if available
For more information about our loan products, contact a Capitol National Bank professional.
Loans subject to credit approval